We're going to make it.
We're going to succeed.
We're going to define our successes in ways that support us on this amazing path.
And we're going to do it all in 2012. We're going to do it by:
1) Keeping our eyes on the prize, whatever our individual prizes are considered to be.
2) Knowing that success is step by step - that success is actually comprised of successes.
2) Letting possibilities be our focus, and rewards be those that are unexpected (whoopee!) as well as hoped for.
3) Keeping the fun in our efforts, and letting go of the attitudes that give us anxiety, because anxiety just slows us down.
4) Understanding that this is a journey.
5) And setting up a schedule of submissions, because this is a numbers game.
So I'm giving myself a birthday present (Christmas Eve is my birthday), and a holiday gift (Channukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, and New Years): I'm giving myself the benefit of the doubt, tied up with the most beautiful bow. I'm also giving myself the gifts of focus, perseverance, compassion and patience.
And I'm accepting those gifts whole-heartedly.
I wish the same for you in your artistry, in your year to come, in your hearts and self-love and in your creative efforts. I'm honored to be on this journey with you.
Thank you so much - those of you who have appreciated my blog this year, and those who have reached out and expressed that appreciation. Stay tuned: Next year will see more blogging, and maybe even some audio and video blogging.
May the holidays be joyous for you, and may the new year find you with renewed strength, enthusiasm, and the friendship of other artists to help you along the way.